Fedora 9 is not recognised

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Jul 15 13:32:12 UTC 2008

ramachandranc1 at aim.com wrote:
> I received Fedora 9 from a Linux magazine.If I load it in my DVD rom it is not recognised.I am not able to proceed further.
>
> Is the media not good or the software?
>
> Ramachandran.C

I'd bet it's the media.  Boot into another OS and check the md5sum on it
if you can.

Is your system capable of booting the DVD?  Is BIOS set as the first
boot device?  If not, it won't boot the DVD if there's an OS on the hard
drive already.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support