setroub;eshoot problem

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:28:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Steve <zephod at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> ---- max bianco <maximilianbianco at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Steve <zephod at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>> > I went to start setroubleshoot, Applications->System Tools->SE Linux Troubleshooter and I get this message:
>> >
>> > connection failed at /var/run/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoo_tserver. Connection refused
>> >
>> > #ls -lZ /var/run/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot_server
>> > srw-rw-rw-  root root system_u:object_r:setroubleshoot_var_run_t /var/run/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot_server
>> >
>> That looks right. Is it F8 or F9?
>> SETroubleshoot is usually on, do you remember why you turned it off?
>
> This is F9 and I didn't turm setroubleshoot off - not on purpose.anyway  }-P
> If I look in System->Administration->Services at setroubleshootd, it says that it is enabled but the status is unknown

It usually runs in the background and only wakes up when needed,
however you should stil be able to run it from Applications-->System
Tools-->SELinux Troubleshooter with out a problem. I can in fact do
that here. Do you have all current updates? Do you know what version
of policy you are running? Have you recently installed any custom
policy? Did you switch SELinux to permissive recently ?  I assume you
have stopped and restarted the service. Which kernel are you running?
Have you checked for bugs filed against setroubleshoot? There are
quite a few bugs filed against it, maybe one of these is related to
the problem your having.

Try these commands:

rpm -qa 'selinux*'

rpm -qa 'setrouble*'

sestatus

uname -a

Post the results, with that info there might be more help to be had.

--
If opinions were really like assholes we'd each have just one