Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Jul 15 15:12:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 07:40 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:

> Personally, I think the demand by Stallman, and others to call Linux
> 'GNU/Linux' is just stupid and childish.  As if changing the name will
> change the nature of the system.  While I am an advocate of free and
> open source software, and agree with some of his ideas, Stallman needs
> a bloody valium.  To me he's a lot like Jack Thompson, foams at the
> mouth over the silliest things.

	While I personally think RMS is, well, let's say over zealous and leave
it at that... He is what I'd call a necessary evil.  He swings the
pendulum so far the one direction that it keeps the whole thing
balanced.  Irritating as he and his fellows may be, they do serve a
needed purpose.

--
Using Linux since 11/91         |          http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402               |          http://counter.li.org/