Newbie Warnng! : Fedora Core Offline Updates

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:03:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 13:57 +0800, Robert Bernabe wrote:
> sorry..i changed the subject and I thought that would be enough to
> change the thread...didn't know an entirely new email had to be
> done...will resend...sorry..really didn't know that the thread would be
> picked up even when the subject is changed...

Threads have nothing to do with the Subject. They are based on the
In-Reply-To header which references the Message-ID of the message being
replied to. Some broken mailers (*cough*Outlook*cough*) use the Subject
for threading, but most of us aren't using them to read these lists.

BTW, Rule 2 (at least on this list and many others) is:

                            Do Not Top Post!

i.e. put your reply *after* the text you are replying to (see above).

poc