yum update/install from a specific repo

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Jul 16 23:05:12 UTC 2008

PK wrote:
> hello:
>
> had a quick question. Is there a way to check/install updates from a
> specific repo through yum. So say I have fedora, livna and atrpms repos on
> my box, would like to install /update only from fedora. So for example,
> up2date has a way of getting updates from a specific channel i.e up2date
> --channel=updates -u.
>
> so whats equivalent of that with yum?

Set "enable=0" in all of the repos you have except for updates.  If you
need to grab something from one of the disabled repos, use

	yum --enablerepo=atrpms update

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-          When all else fails, try reading the instructions.        -