Acknowledge consent before login

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 17 01:36:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 15:25 -0500, Stephen Berg (Contractor) wrote:
> I've got it working for text logins like ssh but the problem is
> logging in via GDM and/or KDM in a gui environment.  Users are
> required to acknowledge the consent statement before logging in to the
> system.

If you're liberal in how you acknowledge acknowledgement being
acknowledged, you could write the agreement into the graphic used as the
background for GDM/KDM/etc, and just take the entry of the username and
password as being the user agreeing.

Personally, I don't see that clicking on an additional "yes" button
makes any difference.  I'll click on it and lie, anyway.  Or not abuse
the system, anyway.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686