F9: Mounting of drives

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 17 02:11:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 10:54 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> When satisfied with the first drive, I decided to add a 2nd raw drive
> to the system, rebooted, I noted that the 2nd drive became /dev/sda,
> the first (original) drive became /dev/sdb.

I'm going to ask the obvious question:  After adding the second drive,
and noticing the change, did you try swapping the ports the drives were
plugged into?  (To make your first drive back into being /dev/sda
again.)

I saw UUID later in the thread, and that'll help you with Linux, but not
GRUB.  You'll have to deal with getting the right drive, separately, to
begin booting a system.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686