F9: Mounting of drives

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 17 03:43:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 19:48 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> Yes, I did.  I tried all 7 Sata ports and they all behaved the same
> way.  This blew me away.  Perhaps Sata ports have no unique
> position identifier, such as "I am Sata port #1", ... ?

On someone else's PC, I noticed that there did seem to be some order to
which port was first.  But I wonder if your problem is down to something
like:

One of the drives is ready first (Fedora 9 seems quite slow at scanning
devices, and spews out numerous errors in the meantime - at least it's
slow to boot up, and theres lots of dev errors when you plug in USB
drives post-boot).

One of the drive partitions is set up to be "bootable" and the other
not, and that affecting which is first.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686