F9: Installing Ndiswrapper for AWLL6070 (rt2870)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 17 03:49:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 19:58 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> Say what?  My Access point device IS broadcasting!

Sorry.  I thought your comment about setting the SSID was you wanting to
manually input the SSID to use, and you usually read about that sort of
thing because the access point isn't transmitting one to appear in a
list to pick from.

> the nice thing is, that using iwconfig ra0 does not HANG the system
> completely unlike using Ndiswrapper.  Heck, leaving the WXPx86
> drivers in the /etc/ndiswrapper/rt2870 directory causes *severe*
> system instability that I was forced to  issue an
> ndiswrapper -r rt2870.

I've never been keen on the ndiswrapper idea of things (trying to make
use of Windows/DOS code in an envelope).  A lot of Windows drivers are
bad enough in their native environment...

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.