Its not a KDE4.0 bashing session... was: How is one supposed to use the KDE4 desktop ?

linuxguy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:34:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 18:50 +0300, Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
> I use KDE 4 daily on both of my computers, as the primary desktop
> environment. I don't like the new desktop icons either, but I just
> turned them off. The ability to manage files on the desktop background
> is far from necessary, imo. In addition, there is greatly improved
> support for desktop icons coming in KDE 4.1, so this is just a
> temporary solution until the better one is ready.

a) I didn't mean to start a KDE4.0 bashing session.  I am not asking for
a commentary on it.   Its installed on my computer and I suspect I am
not using it to its fullest potential and I want to.   How ?

b) "I don't like the new desktop icons either, but I just turned them
off. "  Do you mean you turned off the "collars" so that they look like
the icons did in KDE 3.5.9 ?   How ?

Thanks