Dependency hell again. Or is it still?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jul 18 19:00:18 UTC 2008

Greetings;

I'm trying to build and install the most recent openmovieeditor release, and
that has forced me to install a load of devel stuffs.  OpenMovieEditor needs
gmerlin, which I got the tar.bz2 from srcforge for it.  But, the build is
bailing out with this:

checking for OpenGL... yes
configure: error: Gmerlin needs OpenGL and GLX
Compilation in gmerlin failed

I've poked at yumex's search bar now for about half an hour trying to get it to
show me some GLX that isn't just the glitz bindings.

So what do I install to fix these dependencies?

The video card here is an older ATI 9200SE, using the radeon driver, which it
has been reasonably happy with.  And, FWIW, glxinfo spits out that I do have
version 1.2 installed and running.  A snippet from that output:
GLX version: 1.2
GLX extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
    GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
    GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_SGI_make_current_read,
    GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGIS_multisample,
    GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20060602 AGP 8x x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE TCL
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.0.3

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)