Fedora 9 and old video cards?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Jul 19 11:37:10 UTC 2008

Hi Howard,

Howard Wilkinson wrote:
> We have a large number of Matrox Millenium video cards. Mainly G400's
> but also some g450's and G550's. What is the current status of drivers
> for these cards. Have they been updated to work with the latest X.org
> release in Fedora 9. Can we run dual head with these drivers and if so
> does anybody know the magic incantations?
>
> Regards, Howard

I have a Matrox G400Max in a 32 bit dual P4 Xeon machine, with a
1280x1024 LCD screen. It worked OK with the original FC9 DVD. It gave
trouble through various updates. I had to stick to the original kernel,
or the picture would go crazy. Things started working properly again
with the xorg update that happened about a week ago - i.e.
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.4.99.905-1.20080701.fc9.i386.rpm +
kernel-2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686.rpm have been working nicely for me.

Regards,
Steve