Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 15:55:18 UTC 2008

> > ZFS was included in FreeBSD 7.0 because the BSD
> license is more free than the GPL with that regard.
>
> And if NetApp win against Sun they can sue FreeBSD now, for
> triple
> damages which would be millions and the end of FreeBSD.

That is a big IF, maybe it should be an iff (IF and ONLY IF) like in Mathematics.  :)

They(FreeBSD) should be protected, the users can get the ports from source, they do not ship binaries(except the installation *.tbz files).

Now, what is the probability that NetApp would win?  Is it a sure event? or uncertain event?  We should have no idea on this?  Which court system?  Is it in a U.S. based court?

In many ways when Fedora was created there were troubles, there was an existing Fedora Project already, and the thing got settled :)

http://www.fedora-commons.org/about/history.php

Regards,

Antonio