that old GNU/Linux argument

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Jul 19 21:27:38 UTC 2008

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>>> Bizarrely, it seems one has to pay for a "Live Hurd CD".
>
>> No, you can find them easily to download. Plug "live cd debian hurd"
>> into google and you'll have results quickly.
>
> Oh, and Tim, once you download it, will you please burn a CD for me
> and send it to me?  Given your statement, I'd be surprised if you were
> to charge me anything for it.

I take it from the smiley that this is a joke (lost on me)
rather than a genuine request.

Just to explain my remark above, I was referring to the document
<http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install>
which only mentions a Live Hurd CD in the context
that it is available for purchase.

As I mentioned elsewhere I did not actually have much luck
searching for this famous Hurd Live CD.
If you really don't have the facility for burning CDs
and can point me to the URL I will be happy to send you a real Live CD.

I would do that myself if I knew where to get it.