F9: Konqueror and gnash not working

Giovanni Cucca giovanni.cucca at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 13:01:13 UTC 2008

On Sunday 20 July 2008 02:45:11 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> What could possibly work, however, would be using the Gnash
Mozilla
> plugin, after all the proprietary Flash plugin is also a Mozilla
> plugin. (But nspluginwrapper would not be needed, as Gnash is
> available for x86_64 too.) However, last I checked, it did not work
> with Konqueror, which is why the native Klash plugin is being
> developed at all.
>
>          Kevin Kofler

I tried it (I had to manually add /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins to the
plugin search path), but with little success: Konqueror doesn't
complain anymore about not having the Flash plugin, but Flash
videos are simply not shown. The same issue occurs with swfdec-
mozilla.
I guess I'll have to try the proprietary plugin to see if it works :(
Thanks for the hint anyway :)

Giovanni
--
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)