I need help with Fedora

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 04:35:45 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 20:02 -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> >> Oh please. Can you avoid that elitist attitude? There are new comers to
> >> Linux and Fedora all the time and not all of them are experts. These are
> >> valuable users to the community and we don't need to drive them away
> >> with statements like these. None of us were born with any of this
> >> knowledge anyway. Remember, you were a newbie too when you got started.
> >
> > Hear, hear!
>
> Sorry guys,
> 	I was just trying to get him to make a decision on his own instead of
> asking for a handout.  I told him to create some swap space and try
> again.  I don't think he has.

When I first started using Linux, I bugged the living heck out of anyone
and everyone for help. But, since I was doing the asking, I figured they
had to know more than me, so I took their advice and was rarely steered
wrong. Learning what questions to ask, so that I didn't get the "RTFM"
reply, became an acquired skill. But, had I not gotten the "RTFM" more
than once, I would have gotten lazy and dependent. Not "RTFM" and not
taking freely given advice and using it, is a sure step towards
disaster, as well as a total waste of every ones time. So, it's showing
the "love", geek style. Yet, diplomacy is the art of telling someone to
fsck themselves while leaving them liking it! :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339