I need help with Fedora

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 11:58:56 UTC 2008

On Monday 21 July 2008 12:05:50 Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
> Hi
>
> Or you can install Fedora as usual, and install a more lightweight
> desktop like, xfce or icewm or windowmaker and change your session at gdm.
>
> Also helps if one disable a few services.

The only time I tried xfce I found it no better than kde, on that particular
setup.  There are, as you say, alternatives.  I think I'd try icewm first.
The problem he will encounter, though, is in recognising which part of the
setup will allow him to reject kde and gnome and select icewm as his desktop.
Perhaps someone who install more often that I do can advise him on that.  I
know it's easy for experienced useers, but a newbie needs telling what to
look for.

Anne