FC8: Using Sqlite3 in OpenOffice, with or without ODBC

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Mon Jul 21 20:41:28 UTC 2008

M. Fioretti wrote, On 07/21/2008 03:06 PM:
> This is related to the problem with Sqlite3 and php I posted earlier
> today. I am working with Sqlite3 because I'd like to have single-file,
> server-less databases which may be used both from php and from
> OpenOffice.
>
> The Php part is now solved, but I'm having problem to find applicable
> documentation which explains how to connect to, and manage, an Sqlite
> 3 database with OpenOffice 2.3 on Fedora 8.
>
> By "applicable" I mean that there are several resources online, but
> they really look all outdated or not valid for some other reason with
> OOo 2.x / FC. This page, for example:
>
> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Openoffice.org_with_SQL_Databases#SQLite_files_.28OpenOffice.org_2.x.29
>
> says that I should add the driver libsqlite3odbc.so to
> /etc/odbcinst.ini, but I haven't found any rpm which provides this
> file.

rpm -q --whatprovides /etc/odbcinst.ini
unixODBC-<version>

so I suspect you'll want to
yum install unixODBC

> What now? (please note, as I said in the php/sqlite post, that for
> several reasons compiling from source now on this PC is not possible,
> sorry).
>
> TIA,
> 			Marco

and you may need to install something like sqlite3-odbc (name mangled from the
fact that for postgresql I needed postgresql-odbc on the machine)... looking
in the Everything tree for 8, looks more like you might one or more of:
mysql-connector-odbc
php-odbc
unixODBC

The following command may be a better friend:
yum -C info *odbc* | less

--
Todd Denniston