Where is Kdict?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 22 05:15:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 00:28 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> I'm surprised that someone who's been using Shells as far back as
> Cromix doesn't realize this, as it's absolutely fundamental to
> understanding how the Shell works.

I'm surprised that an experienced user would make that mistake, too.
But I can see newcomers getting surprised the first time they put a
wildcard in what they think are parameters/arguments to a command.

The CLI doesn't know that, though.  It does what it does with wildcards
and filename completation, anywhere on the command line (tries to expand
them).  Just play around with hitting tab.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.10-86.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.