Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 22:29:34 UTC 2008

> You seem all but neutral. You also seem to want to continue
> flogging this
> fish way beyond it's rot point.

You were the one that rotted the fish, here's what you said

/*
You seem to advocate a weird notion of rewarding copyright infringement.

> The people should decide in the end what they want to call it, is that fair?

Well, you can call "ant" to elephants, but they won't stop being
elephants just because you're really loud and insistent about it.

Linux's latest release can be obtained in its full and pure glory right here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.26.tar.bz2 [47 MB]

Now if you want to insist on calling other things "Linux", go ahead and
do it. It's your prerogative to make that mistake.

*/
Why is it a mistake?

All I said is that people should call it the way they want to, if underneath the layers of software resides the linux kernel with/without the GNU utilites.  Like others have said on this list, they should call it whatever they consider is best.  You cannot force people to do as you want, whether old school or new school or whatever you believe.  IT should be called as you want.  Advocating GNU/Linux is okay peacefully, but not demanding as you come into the picture.  It is not right.

Regards,

Antonio