Creating a default keyring with passwd.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 23 21:21:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 08:02 -1000, Dave Burns wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > wanted to know the passwd to open the
> > default keyring. But I am lost in remembering how to do this.
>
> If you delete the contents of ~/.gnome2/keyrings it starts over at the
> beginning. It is supposed to ask you to create a password at some
> point, or just use your login password, I am not sure what.

> Dave
I tried this with no success. Which leaves me with the following
questions:
1. Never before has evolution asked for keyring to store a passwd. I
mean in versions before F8. How is one supposed to use evolution? No
keyrings are defined at this point.
2, What is the name of the default keyring which evolution thinks exists
and how do you set its passwd?

Why do they call a fast a fast, when it goes so slow?
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net