F9 - cups - windows shared printer

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jul 24 13:54:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 23:48 +1000, Andy Eager wrote:

> > As for Andy...I have not seen it reappear by itself even after printing
> > but I don't print all that much. Thus I don't see much need in patching
> > source and recompiling (seems to be overkill).
> >
> If it's not reappearing then you're lucky in which case recompiling
> would be overkill.
> For me, (under F9 at least) it did reappear and I had no real choice.
> (I got sick of removing the line & restarting cups every time I wanted
> to print)
----
one of the first things that I did when I ran into the problem was to
move /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and replace it with the rpmsave version since
this was an upgrade from earlier versions of Fedora.

I suspect that the earlier version of my cupsd.conf contributed to the
problem.

Was yours an upgrade from an earlier version of Fedora or was this a
clean F9 install?

Craig