Adding Drivers to the Live CD.

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 24 19:52:38 UTC 2008

Nathan Woodruff wrote:
<snip>
> Last week we had a power failure over night. The UPS's ran
> for about 2 hours and then POOF no power.  None of us even though about
> checking on the servers that night. When our company finally got power the
> next morning, the Fedora server would not boot completely.

you are running a server on an ups and not using 'powerd'? not good. you
should get it working for your next storm and loss of power.

all my boxes are on ups. i do not leave them on when i am away, so i
have not implemented auto shutdown, and can not advise you of setup. i
do have it setup on client systems, but it has been a while and i do not
recall procedure.

i well imagine that there many on this list that can lead you thru it.

> I need to add Adaptec's driver to the Live CD to be able to recover this
> data. But every tool that I have available to me can not read the .IMG files
> on the Live CD in order to add Adaptec's Raid driver.

*.img*, have you thought that this might be an *iso* file? try renaming
to 'filename.iso' and see if it will loop mount.

--

tc,hago.

.