F9 - cups - windows shared printer

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jul 24 21:44:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 21:21 +0000, g wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> <snip>
> > I hope that you won't mind that I will continue to ignore your
> > suggestions thinking that they are not useful and even if they worked,
> > that isn't the intended behavior and thus no solution at all.
>
> not at all. what ever churns your butter.
>
> if such an easy change is too much for you, then do not. after all it
> is your system to fight with.
>
> as for me, i did spend a couple minutes to make change, as i found thru
> google, and it did work. granted, it may something different in your
> system.
>
> i do know/recall that i did have to add myself to 'lp' group, under
> mandrake 9 and 10, when i could not print as a 'user', but could as
> 'root'.
----
I would rather remove the line once in a while than start mucking with
system groups but more to the point and the one you seem to be missing
is that the bandaid approach you suggest helps no one else. I'm far more
interested in a real solution to the problem because others are sure to
experience this issue.

Craig