Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Jul 24 22:52:50 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> Taking  away any right is immoral.
>>>
>> So you are saying that commercial, closed source, software is immoral.
>> So selling the software instead of giving it away is also immoral. For
>> one I can agree with you.
>
> Selling something doesn't take away any rights.

LOL - right, you don't have any rights when you buy software, except
what the seller gives you. So you don't have any rights that can be
taken away. On the other hand, you don't have any rights to GPL
software except what the GPL gives you. So it can not take any
rights away from you.

I know - I am being terribly unfair, using the same rules for both
types of software.

Mikkel