DNS Attacks

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200807 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 17:44:56 UTC 2008

James Kosin <jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com> writes:
> But, the patches out don't fix the issue totally.  That would require
> a complete re-write of the DNS and how DNS works.  This is something
> already in the works.
> The patch just makes it more difficult to trigger the issue.  I'm
> using the patched version of 9.4.2-P1.

Thanks.  I'm running 9.5.0-P1 and haven't seen anything in my named or
system logs yet.  I guess I'm lucky. ;-)

I have been looking since I just configured dnssec and was watching
for error messages.  (Using dnssec along with dlv.isc.org to find the
keys, seems to be as good a solution as today's DNS allows for.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht			http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/