Announcement: New repo with updated ClamAV packages for Fedora 8

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora at slated.org
Sun Jul 27 01:53:58 UTC 2008

Verily I say unto thee, that Bob Marcan spake thusly:

(Original subject: clamav 0.93 on Fedora 8)

> Will this ever happen ?

For some reason the Fedora 8 packages for ClamAV are lagging behind F9,
so I've provided updates for the following architectures, based on the
Fedora 9 SRPM:

i386 (flags -march=i386):       http://rpm.slated.org/fedora/8/i386/
x86_64 (flags -march=athlon64): http://rpm.slated.org/fedora/8/x86_64/
VIA C3 (flags -march=c3):       http://rpm.slated.org/fedora/8/c3/

To use this repo with yum, please copy the following file to
/etc/yum.repos.d/

http://rpm.slated.org/slated.repo

Or for VIA C3 (original EPIA systems):

http://rpm.slated.org/slated-c3.repo

The repo's GPG key is here:

http://slated.org/files/GPG-KEY-SLATED.asc

Source:

http://rpm.slated.org/fedora/8/SRPMS:

Currently ClamAV is the only package in this repo (just up a few minutes
ago), but I may be providing other packages in the near future.

* Sat Jul 26 2008 Keith G. Robertson-Turner <fedora[AT]slated.org> -
0.93.3-2
- - Rebuilt for Fedora 8
- - Enabled RAR support

Note: RAR support means this package is proprietary (freeware), although
express permission has been given by the author to redistribute software
that includes or incorporates unrar.

[quote]
   2. The UnRAR sources may be used in any software to handle RAR
      archives without limitations free of charge, but cannot be used
      to re-create the RAR compression algorithm, which is proprietary.
      Distribution of modified UnRAR sources in separate form or as a
      part of other software is permitted, provided that it is clearly
      stated in the documentation and source comments that the code may
      not be used to develop a RAR (WinRAR) compatible archiver.
[/quote]

HTH.

- --
Regards,