File recovery on ext3 using LVM

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 04:02:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 17:36:43 -0500,
>  Jonathan Berry <berryja at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Take a look at the ext3grep project. LVM shouldn't be a barrier in this
> case since you can access the ext3 file system device.

Well, I gave ext3grep a try and it appears there has been too much
disk churn since I first tried importing the files.  Thanks for the
tip.  It looks like a pretty powerful tool.  I guess I'll just have to
resign myself to the fact that the images are gone.  I figured that
was the case, but had to try what I could.  I'll be more careful when
importing photos into F-Spot, that's certain.  For anyone who uses
F-Spot, be careful with the checkboxes:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/f-spot/discuss/72157606384310482/

Jonathan