Do I get a copy of my mail to fedora-list?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 13:49:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 13:48 +1000, Simon Slater wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 18:57 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > I set up a Search Folder in Evolution to
> > show my posts in context with the rest of the thread. Works fine.
> >
> Could you elaborate on that?

It's nothing magical. Mail clients that support search folders (what
used to be called virtual folders in Evo) allow you to define search
criteria for the messages to include. What I do is define a "Fedora"
search folder with the criteria:

Recipients - contains - fedora-list at redhat.com
OR
Mailing list - is - fedora-list at redhat.com
PLUS
* Search Folder Sources: "Specific folders":
	imap:pocallaghan at imap.gmail.com:993[Gmail]/Sent Mail
	imap:pocallaghan at imap.gmail.com:993/Fedora

Obviously some of this depends on my own Gmail setup, since I use Gmail
to receive this list and have a Gmail filter to label the traffic as
"Fedora". The folder definitions are just the result of selecting the
appropriate (real) folders using the Add button.

Several things here could probably be changed, e.g. use the Mailing List
criterion instead of Recipients, include threads (I don't because I
don't think it matters in this case) and maybe other stuff, such as "not
the thread about GNU/Linux :-)

I'm sure something similar could be done in Thunderbird.

poc