Network printer setup, Vol 53, Issue 249

Vincent Onelli vonelli at optonline.net
Mon Jul 28 13:59:29 UTC 2008

>    9. Re: Network printer setup (max)

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:25:09 -0400
> From: max <maximilianbianco at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Network printer setup
> To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> Vincent Onelli wrote:
> > Hi there all,
> >
> > Is there some detailed guide line on haw to setup a printer? I am new on
> > Linux and most of the entry I do not even know what it means. I would
> > very much appreciate if some one can give me a detailed guideline on
> > what to enter on various setup phase, because everything I tried so far
> > did not work.
> > I have: Dell Dimension 8300.
> > 	Netgear router WGR614v6
> > 	Printer Server Netgear PS101
> > 	Printer Epson Stylus Color 1520
> > It work fine with windows and these are the setting as listed on the
> > router:	Printer Server Netgear PS101. Lan manager printer port PSE6D76B
> > 				Printer server port    LPT1:PSE6D76B
> > 				Server Name		PSE6D76B
> > 				PI Address		192.168.1.3
> >
> > Epson Setup:			Name			Epson1520
> > 				Hostname		192.168.1.3
> > 				Queue			PSE6D76B
> >
> > Thank you in advance
> > Vinny
> >
> You fail to mention exactly what you have tried.

You are alright I did not because I tried so many way that I do not
remember all from hint found from documentation or suggestion from
others,I did not kept a record. Here is one that I tried recently:
System -> Administration -> Printing
New printer
Internet Printing Protocol (IPP)
Host: 192.168.1.3
Queue: /printer/PSE6D76B
Selected printer Epson model Stylus Color 1520
Selected the first drive of the list Also recommend
did not work