getting sound back

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Jul 28 15:33:12 UTC 2008

Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On Monday 28 July 2008 09:58:56 am Mark Haney wrote:
>> I was looking for something related to pulseaudio, but didn't see anything
>> that stuck out as being such
>
> Well, after making sure the volume is not way down ;) check if pulseaudio is
> running with:
>
> ps -ef | grep pulse
>
> If not, start it as your regular user (not root) by typing:
>
> pulseaudio -D
>
> Check /var/log/messages for any errors...
>
> HTH,
> Jorge

Fortunately, my kids are savvy enough to check the sound first then
check the cables.  All that was good.  I wasn't expecting pulseaudio not
to be a service I could just restart on the fly.  But I'll check it out
when I get home.

Thanks.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support