New support lists?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 19:22:42 UTC 2008

--- On Mon, 7/28/08, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net> wrote:

> From: Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net>
> Subject: New support lists?
> To: "Fedora" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Monday, July 28, 2008, 12:15 PM
> Hi all,
>
> Reading the last couple emails from another thread on maybe
> new list or
> two, and to segregate the content to them was brought up
> and have couple
> new list names that might help make sense or to get the
> ball rolling?
>
> fedora-list(this one) - General Fedora talk, opinions,
> suggestions,
> comments, distro wars, all that type stuff not support
> related.
>
> fedora-user-list or fedora-support-list - Bug references,
> problems with
> software, computer won't boot, email don't work,
> firefox plugins not
> working, etc.. where problems are asked about and responded
> to on
> *official releases*.
The fedora-list is the default one for this.  Why should the new one be created.  The same problems will arise if the new list is created.

> fedora-testers-list - as is, for testing alpha, beta,
> preview, rc
> releases when preparing a new release.
Will it change or is fedora-test-list sufficient here, I do not see the need for this one.

> fedora-devel-list - as is, for development of fedora, and
> the rest that
> is currently used on that list.
>
> See the url below for currently created lists already being
> used..

> Would this help make things better?
For some maybe, but for me I would have to subscribe to more lists :(

I like things the way they are.  You can't please all the time :(

Just look at the big thread :)

> --
> Mike Chambers
> Fedora Project - Ambassador, Bug Zapper, Tester, User,
> etc..
> mikec302 at fedoraproject.org
>
> --

Regards,