that old GNU/Linux argument

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Jul 28 20:12:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:33:12PM -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>
> > Subject: Re: that old GNU/Linux argument
> > To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> > Date: Monday, July 28, 2008, 12:25 PM
> > On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 01:41:36PM -0500, Les Mikesell
> > wrote:
> > the name GNU/*BSD is
> > Linux Distributions
> > much more sense to
> > >
> > > Not to the same extent.  The BSD's maintain their
> > own versions of the c
> > > library and most userland tools so as to provide
> > everyone with
> > > unrestricted copies in yet another waste of time and
> > effort dictated by
> > > the GPL.
> >
> > Actually, that's the BSD maintainers's choice,
> > dictated by irrational hate[1]
> > of the GNU GPL.
> >
> > [1] at least from some, extremely rude and hypocrit, folks.
> >
> > Now, I join other calls to stop this endless discussion.
> > Les Mikesell or
> > Antonio Olivares aren't worth it, Alex.
>
> <rant>
> You are very much worth it!  What makes you any better than me
> or Les Mikesell?

Nothing, but I'm not talking about me being "better", but of you not
being worth the most valuable time of people like Alexandre Oliva or
Alan Cox.

> This has nothing to do with the discussion,
> but more of a personal attack because we do not agree with your
> purist ways.  You are not even pure yourself.  Only one was pure
> and that was Jesus Christ.

Well, I'm certainly not going to argue against someone who uses religion
as an argument :)

Rui

--
Grudnuk demand sustenance!
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 63rd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?