Can I get a word in edgewise here, puhlease?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 28 23:53:11 UTC 2008

g wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Gene,
>>
>> First, no, you can't get a word in edgewise.  This list is solely for
>> the that small group of people that feel good about taking over a list
>> an turning into their own.  They have no concept of fairness and think
>> that everyone of us needs and wants to be "educated" and they will do
>> it and shove it down our eyes with no regard to our "rights".
>
> '1st amendment' and all that was written before email, therefore
> they did not write a subpart.
>
> i make my own subpart with what is known as filters. fills up
> 'trash box' but does keep 'inbox' noise level down.

1st amendment doesn't apply...  But, in any case, of course I do filters and
haven't seen those stupid posts in days.  (It would be nice to know how many
people have felt the need to resort to filters.)

I dislike having to filter since I need to keep track of what I've done.  I
feel as if I'm being forced to filter.  Then there are folks that may not be
so good at filtering and find themselves having mail "disappear".

It is clear to me that a small minority of people have no regard for others
on this list.  They will tell you otherwise...but they don't.  I've been
here for many years...yet I am getting to the point where this is pointless.