Can I get a word in edgewise here, puhlease?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jul 29 00:10:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 07:53 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> g wrote:
> > Ed Greshko wrote:
> >> Gene,
> >>
> >> First, no, you can't get a word in edgewise.  This list is solely for
> >> the that small group of people that feel good about taking over a list
> >> an turning into their own.  They have no concept of fairness and think
> >> that everyone of us needs and wants to be "educated" and they will do
> >> it and shove it down our eyes with no regard to our "rights".
> >
> > '1st amendment' and all that was written before email, therefore
> > they did not write a subpart.
> >
> > i make my own subpart with what is known as filters. fills up
> > 'trash box' but does keep 'inbox' noise level down.
>
> 1st amendment doesn't apply...  But, in any case, of course I do filters and
> haven't seen those stupid posts in days.  (It would be nice to know how many
> people have felt the need to resort to filters.)
>
> I dislike having to filter since I need to keep track of what I've done.  I
> feel as if I'm being forced to filter.  Then there are folks that may not be
> so good at filtering and find themselves having mail "disappear".
>
> It is clear to me that a small minority of people have no regard for others
> on this list.  They will tell you otherwise...but they don't.  I've been
> here for many years...yet I am getting to the point where this is pointless.
----
for the most part, I'm inclined to give Alan Cox and Alexandre Oliva an
extremely large berth for conversation as they are significant
contributors to the software we enjoy.

Most (not all) of the other participants are also significant
contributors at least to the fedora-list so I cut them some slack too.

Any discussion that provokes RMS to post is probably a worthwhile
discussion but I wish the players wouldn't be so pressed to have the
last word.

Yes, the exchanges have exhausted the topic but this is Gene's thread.

Craig