updating my "getting started with QEMU under fedora" howto

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Jul 29 10:11:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 02:06:24PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   i was going to take what i thought was a couple minutes and update
> > my writeup on QEMU under fedora:
> >
> >   http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/QEMU
> >
> > for fedora 9 but, apparently, it's not going to be a simple s/8/9/g.
> >
> >   there doesn't appear to be a (livna) kqemu-kmdl package anymore;
> > instead, it's kmod-kqemu.  then there's this akmod-kqemu package there
> > as well, which i've never seen before.
> >
> >   i'm sure it won't take long to sort out the new packages, but if
> > this has already been written up somewhere for f9, i'd be fine with
> > that.  otherwise, i'll do it myself.
>
> The URL above uses ATrpms' kmdl packages for Fedora 8 and indeed the
> recipe for Fedora 9 would be s/8/9/g.

ah, i had completely forgotten that those were ATrpms packages, axel.
i'll review and decide which packages to use for the rewrite.  thanks.

rday

p.s.  refresh my memory, axel, if you would -- are your AT packages
compatible with livna packages?  would there be any difference in
which qemu packages i used that aren't available in the stock fedora
repo?

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.