updating my "getting started with QEMU under fedora" howto

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jul 29 10:47:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 06:11:42AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Axel Thimm wrote:
> p.s.  refresh my memory, axel, if you would -- are your AT packages
> compatible with livna packages?

It often depends on the livna packager. Suffice it to say that I've
been a mirror for livna for several years now, so actually my
intentions were to be compatible. But there are many cases were this
didn't happen.

> would there be any difference in which qemu packages i used that
> aren't available in the stock fedora repo?

The packages at ATrpms are not conflicting with the stock repo or
replacing anything. They are "just" accelerating qemu. E.g. you will
need the Fedora stock qemu to get started anyway, and you can
(optionally) add kqemu kmdls to speed it up.

http://bellard.org/qemu/kqemu-tech.html

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net