Can I get a word in edgewise here, puhlease?

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 19:05:00 UTC 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Does anyone know how to make that work, or, how to change channels in the
>>> xine front end?  I can't find a channel up/down function in its gui.
>> No...  Don't actually use xine for this purpose.
>
> What do you use? xine works, but it sure is kludgy to change channels. A
> minute or more with lots of false starts, specially for the hi-def
> subchannel.
>
> Thanks Ed, now if we could get this list back to its stated purpose.

Gene,

I use mythtv for all of that stuff, both recording and watching TV.

If you are watching 1080i or 720p it does require a reasonable CPU and video
card to do it.   And mythtv can be run in a window, but the default config is
full screen.

Somethings I watch live, but generally I record it and may watch it almost live
(a few minutes behind the current recording) or days later.

                            Roger