Missing Hardwae option

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 29 22:14:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 02:45 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 10:59 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > You are obviously on to something but I am not sure how to use this
> > information.
> > My file contains:[Added Associations]
> > x-content/audio-cdda=rhythmbox.desktop;
> > x-content/video-dvd=livna-vlc.desktop;
> >
> > What would I add to allow totem be chosen to play CDs?
>
> I'd say to put totem.desktop into the top one instead of the
> rhythmbox.desktop (desktop being the menu file for the program)
>
> CDDA = Compact Disc Digital Audio
>
> [tim at localhost ~]$ locate totem.desktop
> /usr/share/applications/totem.desktop
I would guess you were correct but you are not. I used the file:

 ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
containing:

[Added Associations]
x-content/audio-cdda=totem.desktop;
x-content/video-dvd=livna-vlc.desktop;

I logged out and logged in. But rhythembox appeared and not totem as one
of the options. Try it and see if you can make what you describe to
work. Its frustrating. Any other ideas out there.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net