LVM - Install F9 without LVM

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 30 02:58:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 21:34 -0500, Bob Hartung wrote:
>    How do I install F9 without LVM?  Even when selecting custom
> install/partitioning, I cannot delete the LVM volume.

Look around the partitioning tool, you'll see that some things sit on
top of others.  Remove them in the right sequence.  This is easy if
you're dedicating the whole drive to Linux, you can try removing each
part, one by one.  Be careful if you're trying to keep something, though
(e.g. dual-boot systems).

I installed 9 on one box that way.  I let it have LVM on a laptop I'm
playing with, I figured that I wouldn't have anything other than
settings that need keeping on the laptop, so being able to rescue things
isn't a priority.  I don't know if we've got any good tools for
recovering from LVM problems yet.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686