Missing Hardwae option

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 30 04:02:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 17:14 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I would guess you were correct but you are not. I used the file:
>
>  ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
> containing:
>
> [Added Associations]
> x-content/audio-cdda=totem.desktop;
> x-content/video-dvd=livna-vlc.desktop;
>
> I logged out and logged in. But rhythembox appeared and not totem as
> one of the options. Try it and see if you can make what you describe
> to work. Its frustrating.

Looking at the totem.desktop file, I don't find it listing cdda in the
MIME types that it supports, so it shouldn't get offered as a player for
them, though it (movie player) is on the right-click list when I browse
through the psuedo-tracks in Nautilus.  I didn't have an audio disc
handy when I responded, last night.

Can you get totem to play audio discs, manually?  I can't through the
play disc menu entry in the program, but can through the + button to
browse for a file, and I can externally.

If you can, it would seem that you've added a plug-in for it, and that
should add to the list of MIME types it can accept.

Totem would seem a terribly bloated application for playing an audio CD.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.