installed FEDORA 9, then facing a lot of problems. Need urgent HELP!

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 05:57:32 UTC 2008

> HI every1.
>
> yesterday i installed fedora 9 on my box and now I am
> facing a lot of
> problems.
>
> *1. I am unable to install my RT73 USB adapter drivers.*
> when i type make as instructed by README, i get this
>
> make -C /lib/modules/2.6.25-14.fc9.i686/build
> SUBDIRS=/root/Desktop/RT73_Linux/Module modules
> make: ***/lib/modules/2.6.25-14.fc9.i686/build: No such
> file or directory.
> Stop
>
> I checked above location and I found a build file there.
> I am a beginner so please advice with all commands.
# yum install kernel-devel
This will install developement for kernel modules :)

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f9.html

> *3. Unable to play AVI files*
> Similar problem here. I need codec packs for  this,
> Please provide me links.

see 2)

> *4. How to uninstall some softwares.*
> I don't have an internet connection running so please
> guide me how to
> uninstall softwares from fedora 9.

# yum remove name_of_program(s)_you_want_2_remove

*** NOTE to install programs from step 2) you will need a working internet connection.  Otherwise yum will fail with errors about mirrors cannot be found :(

> Please reply soon.
> Thanks in Advance
>
> --
> adios
>
> KSH SHRM
>
> People don't care how much you know, until they know
> how much you care...--

Regards,

Antonio