Printing with Canon Pixma iP1800 on Fedora Core 7

Valentina M valefedora at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:53:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Kevin Martin <kevintm at ameritech.net> wrote:

> Todd Denniston wrote:
>
>> Valentina M wrote, On 07/24/2008 11:56 AM:

>>> In dsmeg I dont see anything like an error, only this one which I dont
>>> know
>>> what is it :
>>> handlers:
>>> [<f8ccc3bb>] (via_driver_irq_handler+0x0/0x165 [via])
>>> Disabling IRQ #20
>>> MPU-401 device not found or device busy
>>> PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
>>>
>>> And at /var/log/messages it tells me Access Denied, even if I'm working
>>> as
>>> root. And when I wanna see what's inside /var/log doesnt show messages..
>>>

>> anything appearing in /var/log/cups/* when you attempt to print (as a
>> normal user or as root)?
>>
>> And do you mean there is no /var/log/messages or that there are no new
>> messages there when you try to print?
>>
>>  And if there is a /var/log/messages file and you can't access it as root
> then you've got another problem that may be more serious and/or may be
> related as that would indicate that root might not be root.
>
> Kevin
>

> --

it appears like this:

[root at localhost mario]# /var/log/
audit/          gdm/            prelink/        vdr/
BackupPC/       httpd/          samba/
bittorrent/     mail/           setroubleshoot/
cups/           ppp/            vbox/
[root at localhost mario]# /var/log/messages
bash: /var/log/messages: Access Denied          --------- translated in
english
[root at localhost mario]#