howto: write a init script

gerrynix gerrynix at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 12:58:56 UTC 2008

> > Hi
> >
> > Why don't you start with one in /etc/init.d and
> modify to you needs?
> >
> > Marcelo
> >
> > Christoph Höger wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is there some documentation out there about how
> to write a init script
> > > for fedora9 for a given binary?
> > > Maybe even a "insert your binary
> here"-tempate?
> > >
> > > regards
> > >
> > > christoph
> > >

> That has some bad taste. I _could_ do that but I would
> always feel like
> missing something important.
> --
You don't say if you have shell programming experience. Those who do, have an easier time with it. Simply 'study' the existing init scripts and jump in with your own, or modify an existing one (surely nothing illegal here :). Also check out the man page for chkconfig, to see how that works in Linux init scripts. Also try this... go to Google and search on "tutorial init script for Linux"... for which a wealth of info was returned.
--
Nix