howto: write a init script

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 31 15:55:09 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 14:05 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there some documentation out there about how to write a init script
> for fedora9 for a given binary?
> Maybe even a "insert your binary here"-tempate?
>
> regards
>
> christoph

Do you mean a /etc/init.d script. It is pretty straightforward if you
look at one of then. Pick a short one. The thing that makes it special
is the
# chkconfig: 2345 55 25
type line at the beginning which controls the levels at which the script
is called and the order it is started and killed.

In this case it is started at level 2345 and 55 is the order of starting
and 25 the order of being killed.
It is necessary to have purpose. -- Alice #1, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net