Upgrading KDE onFedora 9 to KDE 4.1

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jul 31 15:59:49 UTC 2008

Dave Feustel <dfeustel <at> mindspring.com> writes:
> Will this occur automatically during a system upgrade or do I need to
> take explicit action to get KDE upgraded to 4.1?

KDE 4.1 will move out of updates-testing (into the stable updates) in a few
days. At that point it will occur automatically, assuming you update your
system regularly.

If you really can't wait, you can get it now from updates-testing, but there
may be last-minute issues, and it's nontrivial to get all KDE-related updates
from updates-testing without also getting all the other stuff from
updates-testing.

        Kevin Kofler