Where do you get your servers?

fchan fchan at molsci.org
Thu Jul 31 22:48:50 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have Penguin Computing server and they normally install CentOS by
default but you can buy RedHat or SUSE as the OS. I didn't see any
"frankenkernel" per se, however, I didn't get CentOS on mine so I
don't know if they altered it there. I got RedHat ES on mine which
wasn't altered in any serious fashion other trying to market the HPC
cluster stuff.
On the line of Penguin Computing and Fedora 6 I got a weird system
hang on that server when I was testing it for another application.
However when I reinstalled RedHat ES from CD the problem went away.

That is my $3 worth (2 cents adjusted for inflation),
Frank