AW: Yum auto mirroring?

GRAMS, CHRISTIAN CGR at HUD.DE
Tue Jul 1 05:54:35 UTC 2008

Why not create a local yum repo? No proxy needed.
Check this: http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up-a-local-yum-repository-fedora8

regards
Christian

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] Im Auftrag von Arthur Pemberton
Gesendet: Dienstag, 1. Juli 2008 07:51
An: For users of Fedora
Betreff: Yum auto mirroring?

What is the status of mirroring yum? I have two machines (soon to be) with F9.

I would like to speed things up by hosting some form of mirroring on
my Centos5 box.

I am thinking Squid, but not sure if that's the best solution.

Des anyone have success stories? Squid or otherwise? Ideally I could
just set yum only to use a squid port, but yum doesn't seem to
directly support proxies, just indirectly via ENV variables.

I am open to suggestions.

( www.pembo13.com )