reinstall grub

Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com
Tue Jul 1 16:17:22 UTC 2008

> From: Craig White
> On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 06:46 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 14:43 +0100, Scott van Looy wrote:
> > > I know I can reinstall Fedora to get grub back in the
> right place, but is
> > > there a way of just running the grub install bit of the
> setup, so I don't
> > > have to reinstall?
> > ----
> > boot the installation DVD/CD
> >
> > chroot /mnt/sysimage
> > grub-install /dev/sda
> ----
> forgot to mention...you need to tell boot DVD/CD 'linux rescue'
>
> Craig

You might also consider creating a GRUB boot diskette that is invaluable
for fixing these kinds of problems;
http://users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/p15.htm

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.