Yumex cleaned my system..... How do I contact yum-team?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 2 04:29:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 21:36 +0200, DB wrote:
> the next reboot stalled in CUPS, so I thought remove CUPS & reinstall
> to see if it had got its knickers in a knot .....

That sort of thing works even less in Linux than it does in Windows.

If the *problem* was down to configuration, there's a good chance that
the configuration files will remain, and a re-install will still use the
former configuration.  If the problem was down to compatibility
conflicts between packages, then they'll still exist on a re-install.
If the problem was due to faults in the program, they'll still be there
on a re-install.

If you're having programs get corrupted while installing, you've got
bigger problems to deal with, something else is broken.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.